The Toledo Institute for Development and Environment (TIDE) is one of Belize’s leading non-profit, non-governmental organizations working to promote conservation and sustainable development in southern Belize. Established in 1997, TIDE works with local communities in the Maya Mountain Marine Corridor (MMMC) of Toledo and the Ministries of Fisheries & Natural Resources to manage the Port Honduras Marine Reserve (PHMR) and Payne’s Creek National Park (PCNP), monitor and protect fresh water resources throughout the district, and promote sustainable development to build the local economy. In addition, TIDE manages ~20,000 acres of private lands that are held in perpetuity for the people of Belize.
TIDE is seeking a Project Manager to oversee the implementation of all the projects within it’s portfolio. We offer an attractive salary and benefits package that is commensurate with training and experience. The position is open to any nationality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Under the general direction of the Executive Director and Management Team, manage all projects and programs for the organization.
2. Participate in planning, analysis, and development of all project proposals, work plans, budgets and reports (including Annual Reports, Scientific Papers, Position Papers, etc.)
3. Manage the finances for all projects (along with the accountant).
4. Prepare and submit reports to donors based on required donor guidelines.
5. Prepare the annual budget for all program areas by August of each year. (Marine, terrestrial, community outreach and community development programs).
6. Supervise the preparation of and verify the accuracy of monthly budget performance reports for the projects.
7. Supervise and evaluate the performance of project staff.
8. Work with the Administrative Director to recruit new program staff.
9. Oversee the acquisition and control of inventory, supplies and fixed assets acquired through projects.
10. Certify purchase orders and check requests for assigned projects.
11. Conduct orientation and annual appraisal of project staff.
12. Submit monthly reports to Executive Director and Board of Directors.
Provide supervision for program staff.
1. Establish and maintain project management records and reports.
2. Represent TIDE and stakeholders at local, national, regional and international forums.
Leading Community Participation in Conservation
3. Enhance the organization’s public relations by actively participating in meetings, workshops, etc. that are related to the management of TIDE’s resources.
4. Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned by supervisor.
• At least three (3) years of project management experience.
• Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Natural Resource Management or other related field.
• A sound understanding of protected areas management in Belize.
• Ability to work independently
• Energetic, creative, self-motivated and willing to learn
• Willingness to travel to other protected areas and network with partners.
OTHER JOB PREREQUISITES:
1. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
2. Good organizational skills.
3. Good leadership and management skills.
The deadline for applications is June 21, 2017 at 5pm Belize time.
To apply for this position, please send the following to email@example.com or to Mrs. Celia Mahung, Executive Director, PO Box 150, Punta Gorda Town, Belize by deadline date:
- A 1-2 page cover letter describing your previous experience, and demonstrating your knowledge of TIDE’s work,
- An up-to-date CV and
- Three (3) letters of professional reference.
Should you have any questions, please call us at 722-2274 or 2431, or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.