Duty Station: TIDE’s Headquarters, Punta Gorda Town
The Toledo Institute for Development and Environment (TIDE) is one of Belize’s leading non-profit, non-governmental organizations working to promote conservation and sustainable development in southern Belize. Established in 1997, TIDE works with local communities in the Maya Mountain Marine Corridor (MMMC) of Toledo and the Ministries of Fisheries & Natural Resources to manage the Port Honduras Marine Reserve (PHMR) and Payne’s Creek National Park (PCNP), monitor and protect fresh water resources throughout the district, and promote sustainable development to build the local economy. In addition, TIDE manages ~20,000 acres of private lands that are held in perpetuity for the people of Belize.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Under the general direction of the Program Director, manage, plan, organize, and control all activities of an EU project for period 2016 – 2018.
- Oversee external project evaluations and audit conducted for project.
- Ensure that timely narrative and financial reports are submitted to EU.
- Continually monitor and evaluate implementation of project that includes national partners.
- Prepare work plan for project and ensure that all grant spending is in accordance with approved grant.
- Seek out consultants/contractors and prepare contracts for consultancies as well as follow up on deliverables with consultants.
- Oversee the acquisition and control of inventory, supplies and fixed assets acquired through the project.
- Complete requests for purchase orders and payments for goods and services for submission to Program Director for approval.
- Responsible to liaise with project partners: Belize Fisheries Department, Belize Audubon Society, Southern Environmental Association to ensure effective execution of project.
- Submit monthly reports to Program Director and Executive Director.
- Execute project according to grant agreement.
Provide necessary supervision for any employee/stakeholder/volunteer working with the project.
- As part of the TIDE’s Team, enhance the organization’s public relations by actively participating in meetings and workshops that are related to the project.
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned by supervisor.
- At least three (3) years of project management experience.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Natural Resource Management or other related field.
- A sound understanding of marine protected areas management in Belize.
- Ability to work independently
- Energetic, creative, self-motivated and willing to learn
- Willingness to travel to other marine protected areas
Other Job Prerequisites:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid Standard Driver’s License
- Good organizational skills.
- Good leadership and management skills.
- Ability to communicate in English & Spanish
The deadline for application is March 3, 2017.
Please send one complete application package (C.V. with cover letter plus three recent references, including one from most recent employer) before the close of business day on Friday March 3, 2017: Vacancy for Project Manager, TIDE, P.O. Box 150, Punta Gorda. Alternatively, you may send completed applications via e-mail to email@example.com; or hand deliver to TIDE at 1 Mile, P.G./San Antonio Road, Punta Gorda.
We offer a salary and benefits package that is commensurate with training and experience.